Thoughts swirled and skitted about in her mind, like so many hot and sweaty bodies crowded on a dance floor. They bumped into each other; some apologetic and uncertain, others not only claiming their own space but also encroaching on others. She took a deep breath...and coughed. The air was thick with smoke. It blanketed the early summer sun which then cast an eerie orange glow. It was impossible to see what was on the horizon. Everything was smudged, blurred and uncertain. She smiled wearily. It reflected perfectly the state of her interior. She longed for clarity, for a clear view. For some rain to dampen the heat, wash away the ash and soot, to make the way certain and above all to allow some peace, some tranquility - to make room for regeneration.
No comments:
Post a Comment
As a writer I appreciate feedback...otherwise it's a bit like singing in the shower isn't it? Thank you for taking the time to read what I have to say. It's a two way street; I am always interested in what you have to say.